Casa Guatemala is an orphanage that cares for the nurturing, health and education of over 250 children. These children come from a variety of backgrounds; some have been abandoned, some have been abused, while still others come from families too poor to even provide the basics of a child’s needs. You can find out about the background of some of the children here.
The project touches the lives of hundreds of people. The 250+ kids that live at the children’s village, the people who work at the orphanage, the teachers that are employed at the orphanage school, members of the local village, workers at the Hotel Backpackers and the volunteers from all over the world who give their time to help out.
The orphanage receives no government support and is totally dependent upon the kind donations from people and groups from around the world. Casa Guatemala is split into three interdependent sites; an Infant Home/Medical Centre, Teenage Home/Administration Office and The Childrens Villiage, each with its own function but working in concert.
Telephone Guatemala: +502-2331-9408
Articles about Orphan Care
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience
- That is the whole story of redemption. Starting in the beginning, in the garden. The universe was meant to be our home, it was created as […]
- A few days ago, on March 7th 2017, a riot broke out at Virgen de Asuncion, a government run children’s home in San Jose Pinula, Guatemala. […]