Hogar De Ninños Fatima
Hogar De Ninños Fatima or The Fatima Children's Home is a non-profit organization founded in 2002. It cares for infants and children who have been abused or abandoned. We provide shelter, health care, education, nutrition, legal assistance, and psychological support.
It is in charge of shelter programs for 40 children 0-14 years old, who are provided with education, health, nutritional, legal and psychological assistance while their situation is resolved.
Most children enter because they are victims of abandonment, family disintegration due to vices, economic problems or because the parents exploit them laboriously or sexually.
Protect children whose rights have been violated. Provide shelter in a family environment.
Innovate the concept of shelters, providing in addition to material assistance, programs with professionals that socially rehabilitate children.
Address Guatemala: 0 calle 20-62 zona 15 Vista Hermosa II, Guatemala City
Articles about Orphan Care
- Because someone cared, lives are being changed in Guatemala. Read on to find out what has happened in our ministry this past year.
- 2018 Mid-Year Report from missionary family in Guatemala. Our ministry has grown substantially, not just in the numbers of those we serve, but in depth and scope.
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. Lessons about orphan care from a missionary in Guatemala. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our list and consider them “mission accomplished”? All too often in many orphanages and children’s homes, the moment they walk out the door they are forgotten.
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem of orphan care in Guatemala.
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God. Serving orphans and vulnerable children in Guatemala, we have had to figure out how to do this right.