Prince of Peace
Prince of Peace in now in it’s 25th year as a home! God had granted the Home great favor and we all feel a special responsibility to insure the girls have every opportunity to grow into productive Guatemalan citizens. Our goal is to provide all the tools possible, education, counseling and the opportunity for our girls to get a job when they leave the home. The home is somewhat unique in that we have a full time education director, psychologist and social worker to teach, promote healing and provide a safe, loving environment.
Our purpose at Prince of Peace:
To provide a safe refuge where each girl may:
Receive spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional support
Experience the unconditional love of God
Develop self-respect and respect for others
To introduce each girl to a personal, saving relationship in Jesus Christ and to facilitate their spiritual growth toward full devotion toward being on mission with God.
Director: Dr. & Mrs. Jim Hines
Telephone USA: 859-408-9611
Address USA: P.O. Box 1344, Mt. Sterling, KY, 40353
Articles about Orphan Care
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our […]
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- A day out with the boys Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience. Among the […]
- That is the whole story of redemption. Starting in the beginning, in the garden. The universe was meant to be our home, it was created as […]