Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos
Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos International is a Christian mission that strives to provide a permanent family and home for orphaned, abandoned and other at-risk children who live in conditions of extreme poverty. Our programs provide quality education, health care and spiritual formation with the goal of raising good Christians and productive members of their respective societies.
In Guatemala’s highlands, about an hour from Guatemala City in Parramos, Casa San Andres is home to over 300 children. Situated 1500 meters above sea level with Volcano Fuego as the backdrop, the red brick buildings and roofs of the NPH home lie in contrast to the rich cultural landscape of the country. Since its inception in 1996, this family has been growing yearly.
In 2000, Casa San Andres opened its doors to impoverished children from the community to offer educational scholarships. The program has been so successful that the home now has over 150 external students. Over 100 students from the surrounding community have graduated from the NPH Basic School since it opened to local families. The participating students benefit from quality instruction by the teachers at the home and a superior education which they may utilize throughout their lives.
Apart from the school campus, there are dormitories for the children who permanently live at the home, kitchen and common dining room, library and a computer room. There is also an administrative complex, staff and volunteer housing, and five workshops where the older children receive vocational training (bakery, cooking, sewing, welding, hand crafts and carpentry). A clinic serves the children and staff of NPH, but also provides medical assistance to people from the surrounding communities.
Castillo Magico, is a home for children with specials needs inside the NPH grounds. It provides 24-hour care for over 20 children with severe disabilities and neurological issues.
With the goal of becoming more sustainable, the youth and children help maintain the various farm animals and assist in growing carrots, radishes, onions, tomatoes, chayote, cabbage, and various herbs.
NPH Guatemala is led by Christopher Hoyt, along with over 145 dedicated staff.
Director: Christopher Hoyt
Telephone Guatemala: +502-7849-9308
Telephone Guatemala: +502-7849-9309
Address Guatemala: Apdo. Postal 4, Chimaltenango, Guatemala
Articles about Orphan Care
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience
- That is the whole story of redemption. Starting in the beginning, in the garden. The universe was meant to be our home, it was created as […]
- A few days ago, on March 7th 2017, a riot broke out at Virgen de Asuncion, a government run children’s home in San Jose Pinula, Guatemala. […]