Hogar Miguel Magone
Founded in 1997 Hogar Miguel Magone is a non government organization, providing shelter for over 80 children aged between three and sixteen years old in Guatemala City.
The majority of children sent to us are victims of abuse or neglect. We are located on the outskirts of Guatemala City, where we aim to provide the children necessary care and education to help them live rewarding and successful lives.
The children study in public schools, apart from nine sponsored children who attend a private school. In 2008 we also began to work with girls and now we have around 20 living in the Hogar. The Hogar is also involved in a sponsorship program, providing food, medication and education to more than 50 children from Agucate, a village near to the Hogar.
The Hogar is run by local teachers, national and international volunteers and service personnel, who help with the children’s schooling, hygiene, health and recreational activities. We also have a psychologist for the children and skilled locals visit the Hogar who teach the children valuable skills like baking, carpentry, art and IT.
The children’s accommodation is divided by age group – separate buildings for the young boys, middle and elders and one area for the girls. Through the help of volunteers we also have a computer room, TV room for the weekends, bakery and a Chapel.
Email: hogarmiguelmagone @gmail.com
Address Guatemala: Hogar Miguel Magone, 21 Ave 12-85, Aldea, El Aguacate Z.9, Mixco, Guatemala
Articles about Orphan Care
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience
- That is the whole story of redemption. Starting in the beginning, in the garden. The universe was meant to be our home, it was created as […]
- A few days ago, on March 7th 2017, a riot broke out at Virgen de Asuncion, a government run children’s home in San Jose Pinula, Guatemala. […]