God Bless the Children Home
The Great Commission Children's Home is operated by the McDaniel Family, through the help of their church and other supporters.
In 2002, the McDaniel's (Sean, Glendy, Jonathan (14) and Josiah (11), were sent as missionaries to Guatemala by The Great Commission Church in Lorton, VA.
Their heart from the beginning has been to reach out to Guatemala's abandoned and abused children. After six years of working and preparing, the home is now open.
The vision is to have a couple serving as house parents and to have a maximum of 10 children in the home. The children are sent by the local court system and child protective services. As of August 2010 the home has been accredited by National Counsel for Adoptions of Guatemala. We then hope to raise these children in a home style environment until they reach 18 years old, where they will begin a process of transition into either a university are a local job. Though we do not run an adoption agency, it is also possible that some children will be provided adoptive homes through the National Adoption Council of Guatemala.
While this is a possibility, our primary focus is to keep the children until they are grown. In addition to helping the orphans of Guatemala Sean is the Elementary Music Teacher and Bible teacher for 6 graders at Christian Academy of Guatemala. It is a joy for him to be able to minister to so many children at many different levels. This is his third year at C.A.G.
Director: Sean & Glendy McDaniel
Address USA: RSM Foundation 289, Crestwood DriveLockport, NY 14094, USA
Address Guatemala: Santo Tomas Milpas Altos Guatemala
Articles about Orphan Care
- Because someone cared, lives are being changed in Guatemala. Read on to find out what has happened in our ministry this past year.
- 2018 Mid-Year Report. This has been a busy year for us so far! Our ministry has grown substantially, not just in the numbers of those […]
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our […]
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.