Eagle's Nest and the ministries we provide has been 34 years in the making!
Larry and Claire Boggs moved to Guatemala as full time missionaries in 1978 with their 4 children, Ginger, Vicki, Daniel and Felis. Their original plan was to come to help plant churches. After a few months of being in country, Claire was presented with an opportunity to take in an unwanted child. With 4 young children of her own, she didn't think they could adopt, but they had friends that would and wanted to. She began to research and found a way to complete the first adoption. A new ministry and passion was born!
At first, the children that Larry and Claire cared for were part of their family, living and eating in the same house. After a short time, the number of children who needed care grew and the Boggs rented a facility and hired additional people to help them care for the children. This home was the Refugio Bautista Infantil in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. A few years later, the name was changed to Hogar Cuna de Quetzaltenango. Adoptions were going full swing for many years and the children's home continued to grow.
Contact Person: Larry Boggs
Telephone USA: 503-785-3580
Address USA:Eagle's Nest International, PO Box 637, Burleson, TX 76097
Articles about Orphan Care
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience
- That is the whole story of redemption. Starting in the beginning, in the garden. The universe was meant to be our home, it was created as […]
- A few days ago, on March 7th 2017, a riot broke out at Virgen de Asuncion, a government run children’s home in San Jose Pinula, Guatemala. […]